Monday, August 15, 2016

It's not a matter of forgiveness

There are people who are constantly abusive in my life. They can tell when I'm fed up, and they give me a nibble so that I don't cut ties. And then they go back to their passive-aggressive leading and baiting.

I have a list 14 years long of their offenses seared in my head. NOT because I'm frail minded, but because if I don't, they'll be allowed to continue. And it breaks me every time they play their game.

I truly believe that THEY truly believe that they are pulling one over on me....or, they genuinely may be past the point of caring.

Either way, it's generational. Grandparents, parents, children....even many of the spouses the children have picked ALL do it.

They have me pegged wrong. I'm not their toy.

And I'm not cut from the same cloth.

They don't have to say their sorry to gain forgiveness, but continuing to cut the same hole doesn't ever let it heal.



No comments:

Post a Comment